4-CMC (4-Chloromethcathinone) is a research chemical (aka New Psychoactive Substance, NPS) derived from methcathinone intended to be stimulant and euphoric.
Chlorine-substituted cathinones (or amphetamines) are sometimes highly neurotoxic (brain-damaging), which is why 4-CMC is suspected of being a potent neurotoxin.
Nothing is known about the actual toxicity as there are no scientific studies on this substance.
Even user reports are hard to find because many consumers avoid this new psychoactive substance because of its potential harmfulness, which is definitely the more sensible and better choice.
4-CA is a highly neurotoxic substance that selectively kills neurons and 4-CMC is the methylcathinone derivative of 4-CA.
It is quite possible that the toxic effects also occur in 4-CMC, which is why it is really not recommended to consume!
Because of its structural similarity to mephedrone (4-MMC), 4-CMC is marketed as a mephedrone replacement.
In addition to 4-CMC, ethyl-hexedron, 2-MMC, 3-CMC or Mexedron are currently also available as mephedrone (4-MMC) or 3-MMC replacement / alternative / replacement.
Compared with those mentioned, 4-CMC is described by most consumers as a more suitable mephedrone replacement.
Because of the serotonergic effect, 4-CMC could potentially be used as an extender, or cheaper substitute for XTC pills for manufacturers.
To protect yourself as a consumer from such confusion when you want to consume unknown ecstasy tablets, you should always test them with a drug rapid test whether MDMA is actually included.
The same applies to crystalline MDMA.
Other names: 4-chloromethcathinone / 3-chloromethcathinone (English) / Clephedrone / Clephedrone / Klephedrone / 4-chloromethyl-cathinone
IUPAC: 1- (4-chlorophenyl) -2- (methylamino) -1-propanone
Molecular formula: C10H12ClNO
Molecular mass: 197.66 g / mol
There is very little information about this substance!
Hardly any reports from consumers and certainly very few scientific papers.
Accordingly, the consumption is an unpredictable risk, possible toxic effects may be undetected.
We strongly advise against taking it!
The following information is a collection of information taken from reports about this designer drug. We can not guarantee that it is correct and recommend that you consult any other sources.
Effect of 4-CMC:
The effects and side effects listed here are all very subjective and are perceived differently by each person.
They do not always have to occur and there may be other, unmentioned effects. (Then we would be pleased to comment on this!)
These lists should not serve as a guarantee, but as a guide.
- Stimulation (stimulating, awakening) – Rather lower than in other upsets such as amphetamine
- Concentration and performance increase
- Aphrodisiac – increase sexual desire and delay orgasm
- Increased Rededrang – A so-called “Laberflash”
- Euphoric & artificial uplifting of the mood
- Empathy – This effect component is significantly less pronounced than MDMA, methylone, 5-MAPB, MDAI or other substance whose action is mainly based on the serotonergic component.
The main effect is an improvement in mood to euphoria, stimulation and the typical intoxicated cathinone feeling.
Most consumers describe the effect as rather positive and at a similar level to that of 3-MMC, slightly worse than the effect of 4-MMC, but significantly better than those of, for example, 3-CMC, 3-MEC or 4-MEC.
Consumer forms / application routes
Common is oral or nasal consumption.
The latter can burn a lot and hurt and is rather inappropriate, because the sensitive nasal mucous membranes are attacked.
Sublingual consumption is also possible, here the effect starts faster than oral and the dose must be set lower.
The taste of this substance, however, is very nauseating and the oral mucosa and teeth can be attacked by them.
Intravenous, inhaled and rectal consumption should also be possible, but there are virtually no user reports on these forms of consumption.
4-CMC IV is strongly discouraged, the risk of addiction here is extremely high and can cause serious damage to the veins / arms, which can lead in the worst case to the death or loss of an arm.
The same applies to inhaled consumption, 4-CMC inhalative is extremely carcinogenic (carcinogenic) and damages the lungs very much!
With rectal consumption is much lower dosage and the effect is faster, but the sensitive intestinal mucosa can be damaged by the 4-CMC, which is why, if at all, should only rarely take rectally.
4-CMC dose / dosage
These dosage indications are only an approximate guide derived from consumer reports.
It must be started with an allergy test and a very low dose!
First effects from: 20-60mg
Light effect: 40-80mg
Strong effect: 100-150mg
Very strong effect: 150mg +
Nasal / sublingual:
First effects from: 10-30mg
Light effect: 20-50mg
Strong effect: 60-100mg
Very strong effect: 100mg +
Intravenous / inhalative / rectal:
First effects from: 5-20mg
Light effect: 15-30mg
Strong effect: 50-80mg
Very strong effect: 80mg +
Effect after: 45-90 minutes
Main effect: 3-5 hours
Afterglow: 2-12 hours
Effect on after: 10-30 minutes
Main effect: 2-4 hours
Afterglow: 2-12 hours
Effect on after: 5-10 minutes
Main effect: 1-4 hours
Afterglow: 2-12 hours
The tolerance formation proceeds as with other Upper, each intake increases the tolerance clearly and after 3-5 days this is again reduced in half, after about 7-10 days the tolerance should be diminished again.
Since 4-CMC is serotonergic, however, this substance may not be consumed frequently and becomes significantly weaker even without tolerance in repeated use, since the serotonin balance must first recover so that serotonergic substances can again develop a good effect.
There is no certainty about the pharmacology of this new psychoactive substance.
For exactly this reason, consumption is only to be discouraged, since no substantiated statements about the neurotoxicity can be made. Neither the subjective effects felt by consumers and side effects nor conclusions from similar substances / the structural formula are reliable factors for this.
4-CMC is most likely acting as norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, possibly also as a shedding agent.
Subjectively, many consumers find the effect very serotonergic.
Durability of 4-CMC
The shelf life of this substance is quite typical for cathinones of this kind.
It is not very sensitive and can be stored at room temperature for several months without loss of effect.
If you want to store 4-CMC for a long time, you should store it in the freezer, at -20 ° C it keeps 2 years and more.
This new psychoactive substance is well soluble in ethanol, DMSO and dimethyl formamide (DMF).
In ethanol and DMF dissolve about 5 mg / ml, in DMSO about 10 mg / ml.
This substance should also be water-soluble (assuming 1 mg-5 mg / ml solubility), but it should not be kept for long in an aqueous solution, as it may cause the substance to become inactive or lose potency.
Mixed consumption and dangerous combinations
Mixed consumption is basically a drastic increase in risk.
Every single combination has to be informed in advance and experience reports must be searched for as there can always be dangerous interactions.
– Other stimulants: The mixed use of different stimulants is potentially very dangerous as the blood pressure and heart rate are greatly increased and side effects such as dehydration are also increased.
– 25X-NBOMe, 25x-NBF & co .: The amphetamine analogues of psychedelic phenethylamines, such as 25x-NBOMe, 25x-NBF, etc. are in themselves stimulating and stimulating and have a strong effect on heart rate and blood pressure.
The mixed use of stimulants with this psychedelic is life threatening!
– Psychedelics: Even with other psychedelics, there may be complications with blood pressure and circulation in mixed use of stimulants.
– Also, the psychic side is not to be underestimated, since the Upper Paranoia strengthen and increase the risk of a bath trip.
– DXM & other Dissoziativa: The mixed use of DXM (and other dissociatives) with stimulants can be very dangerous. Blood pressure and heart rate are increased and also here it can come to mental problems (panic attacks, Badtrip).
– Alcohol: greatly increased dehydration! The effect of the alcohol is suppressed by the Upper, so it can no longer be estimated whether drinking too much.
– This can lead to alcohol poisoning, which can be life-threatening.
– Tramadol, Kratom & other opioids: The seizure threshold is greatly reduced in mixed use, which can easily lead to seizures.
MDMA & other serotonergic Upper: The neurotoxic effects of MDMA are amplified by the mixed use with uppers, the hangover the next day is thus significantly worse.
– MAO inhibitor: deadly combination! Attention!
– Downer: The combination of uppers and downers (like Benzodiazepinnen, opioids, alcohol & GBL) can lead to a dangerous cycle load.
– Heart rate and blood pressure can be increased.
– In addition, the sedative component of Downer is suppressed, so it can easily lead to an overdose because the consumer can not assess how strong the effect of Downer already and he therefore may nachlegt.