EG-018 is a synthetic cannabinoid , similar in structure with Naphthalen-1-yl-(1-pentylindol-3-yl)methanone, known also as JWH-018. EG-018 is considered to act also as a full agonist of the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, metabolising on the indole ring through glucuronoside assimilating the hydroxylated metabolites.
EG-018 is a new research chemical with legal status currently unknown, whilst probably scheduled do to its similarity to JWH-018. Having 6 freely rotating bonds and a surface tension of 43.7±7.0 dyne/cm, EG-018 is a more complex chemical than other synthetic cannabinoids and can be dissolved and diluted in various substances, including alcohol, its enthalpy of vaporisation at only 82.9±3.0 kJ/mol.
Other names and synonyms for EG-018:
- 1-Naphthyl(9-pentyl-9H-carbazol-3-yl)methanon [German] [ACD/IUPAC Name]
- 1-Naphthyl(9-pentyl-9H-carbazol-3-yl)methanone [ACD/IUPAC Name]
- 1-Naphtyl(9-pentyl-9H-carbazol-3-yl)méthanone [French] [ACD/IUPAC Name]
- Methanone, 1-naphthalenyl(9-pentyl-9H-carbazol-3-yl)- [ACD/Index Name]
- EG 018, EG-018, naphthalen-1-yl(9-pentyl-9H-carbazol-3-yl)methanone.